Frame & Frame Build Kit Warranty Terms
These terms are subject to change without any prior notice.
By purchasing any Ferrum product at any time from anyone, you agree with and are bound by these statements and terms. Do not purchase any Ferrum product if you don’t agree with the following:
Our warranty is straight-forward. We’re riders like you, we offer what we would expect to be offered. Simple.
What We Cover:
- The frame we manufacture only – Materials (used to construct the frame) and Workmanship
What We Do Not Cover:
- Paint / Powdercoat / Surface Finish
- Wear Items
- Rust (can be avoided per our Use & Care Guide)
- Suspension – The original manufacturer covers these items
- Components– The original manufacturer covers these items (Headsets, seat post clamp etc.)
Eligibility for Coverage Requirements:
- Original Owner with receipt or proof of purchase OR Secondhand Owner during warranty period with original owner’s proof of purchase (invoice/receipt only).
- The frame is ridden in manner intended on sanctioned terrain designed for mountain bikes.
- Material or Workmanship Failure
Remedy: Repair or Replacement of damaged piece/segment of frame at our sole discretion.
Ineligibility for Coverage Examples:
- Re-sold Promo, Demo, One-Off and custom frames are NOT covered in any way shape or form.
- Original or Second Owner OR Second Outside of Warranty Coverage Period
- Non-Original Owner OR Second Hand Owner Outside of Warranty Coverage Period without original owner’s proof of purchase.
- No Original Proof of Purchase
- Incidental Damage
- Contact with Objects
- Acts of Nature
- Overtightening or Mis-Use of Hardware
- Lack of Care and Maintenance
- Lack of Preventative Maintenance
Remedy: Crash Replacement Discount. You will be offered a very high discount for replacement if you wish. We will do our best to take the best care of you in a manner tenable to our business, we don’t want you bike-less.
Your Responsibility: Crashes, Contact with Objects, Negligence, Accidents, Transportation, Acts of Nature, Dents, Scratches, Over Tightening of hardware, Lack of Care and Maintenance, Lack of Proper Preventative Maintenance etc.
Our Solution: Crash Replacement Discount. You will be offered a very high discount for replacement if you wish.
We will do our best to take the best care of you in a manner tenable to our business, we don’t want you bike-less.
Damage from non-riding incidental situations such as fell off of ski lift, fell off of transportation vehicle, act of nature or other similar circumstances aren’t covered by our warranty. Owners are eligible for high discounts in the case of non-ordinary use damage such as crash or accident (example: fell off of shuttle van and was ran over rendering it un-rideable).
We offer crash replacement at high discounts so if you happen to damage your frame significantly rendering it not safe to ride we will replace it or fix it for as cheap as possible for you. Also if your warranty expires and your frame is damaged, we offer a crash replacement discount.
We live in a world of wildly various thinking and expectations. We are in this business because we love this sport more than almost anything and we want to make the best bike frame for you our fellow riders for the best price. We think more people on bikes makes a better world for you, your family, children and loved ones. Everything has a monetary cost and we cannot stay in business providing free parts to people that act recklessly or crash.
We can’t be pulled away from making frames and focusing on supplying future customers to keep our business tenable if we’re fixing frames that people break on purpose or if the frame encountered some accident from riding it improperly or owner maintenance negligence. (we can tell and figure it out easy, please don’t bother testing us). If we’re able to make a decision to help you in these scenarios it is purely based on goodwill and you will be expected to cover the cost.
Reminder, you are bound to these terms by purchasing our products first or second hand.