The Ribbon Coil gives you the spring tunability and stroke control previously found only with air, while giving you the supple linear spring curve, lower friction, longer service life and consistent feel that you get with a coil spring. Coil aficionados have dreamt of a fork that combines these advantages with the latest in chassis and damper technology. MRP has delivered with the Ribbon Coil.
The MRP Ribbon Coil features Ramp Control™ speed-sensitive ending-stroke control and bottom-out force adjustability.
ChocoLUXE Internals – ChocoLUXE is a proprietary material utilized in our damper plug, damper seal, damper IFP, and damper support. It’s highly dimensionally stable, meaning that parts made from it are more consistent overall and less susceptible to changing with exposure to temperature swings or humidity. It is also extremely low friction.
Norglide Bushings – Norglide Bushings from Saint Gobain are metal-reinforced, self-lubricating bushings with a layer of a low friction PTFE compound. They’re exceptionally smooth and durable.
In addition to part updates, we’ve also continued to refine our processes. In whole, these part and process changes have resulted in a 37% reduction in friction compared to first-generation Ribbon forks.
- Travel-adjustable coil spring system with preload adjustment and Ramp Control™ technology.
- New EssenTTial™ twin-tube, bladder-free damper utilizing a low-pressure IFP.
- Outcast™ arch design with forward-facing weight reliefs to mitigate mud build up.
- PSST™ pressure-relief valves that quickly and easily bleed off excess pressure in the lowers caused by elevation and temperature changes.
- “Boost” spacing and 35mm stanchions